The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Friday, January 19, 2007

Random Update

For those of you wondering, I'm still here. I was busy from the second I got back to Ottawa, and I just had a big presentation (80 minute seminar, actually) yesterday on Books III-VI of Wordsworth's Prelude. Usually my presentations are relaxed, entertaining, and witty, but for some reason, I was very nervous about this one. From the prof's reaction, as well as the comments of my peers, I think I did very well. I was also the first in the class to go, so that will definitely work in my favour.

I had my first Thai experience last Saturday (not that experience): I went to a Thai restaurant with a woman (yes, a woman, I know; big surprise) and it was quite good. I thought the Pad Thai was exquisite. Now I can see what the big deal is with Thai food. It should be said, however, that I don't like spicy food, and there's quite a bit of mind Thai dishes.

I actually slept decently last night: since the winter break, I've been tired all the time, which made concentrated effort difficult. Now that this presentation is out of the way, I don't have anything else due for a while, which is great.

Today I'm off to do some laundry, reading, and at 2 pm, I must go to the Research Methods class. It's actually a sweet deal: once or twice a month on Fridays, the PhD students must attend these sessions, and we get a credit for it! Afterwards, I'm meeting my supervisor-to-be and whoever else happens to be around at the local pub (one of many, and this one serves both Stella Artois and Hoegaarden on tap).

Lastly, it's worth mentioning that I added a new blog to my links, the first, in fact, in about a year. It is "HockeyJones," a hodgepodge sort of blog that is fairly entertaining.

4 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

Thanks for the add, I will reciprocate.

5:06 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

Cool, hockeyjones
I like your blog.

8:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the blog. A nice blending of relaxed observation and wry humour. I will likely be back for more.

Phil

12:01 a.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

My blog or Hockey Jones? :)

11:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home