The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Return


I leave for Ottawa in a few hours (my bus leaves at 11:55 am Saturday, in case I have any fans eager to see me leave). It was nice to see my folks, etc, but I have to say I missed Ottawa.

Earlier tonight, my family and I celebrated Christmas. Yep, you read right. I've already posted on the significance of January 6, which was the original date of Christmas, but was later changed by Pope Sylvester in the 5th century to December 25. We're not a religious family, but it's one of the few traditions we take seriously, which also meant that I missed the first day of class on Thursday (I could have gone back to Ottawa earlier, but I would have felt guilty).

I have to say though, after one New Year's and two Christmases, I'm looking forward to school :-)

The image on the left is a random one from an Armenian manuscript. Lord only knows how old it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home