The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Potable Addendum

I can't believe I forgot to mention this in my last post: during a traditional dinner, we enjoyed Pomegranate Wine. Yep, that's right, pomegranates. Strange thing is, it's impossible to get up here, but it is sold in North Carolina, where my brother lives. How much sense does that make?

The wine itself is interesting: it tastes very much like pomegranate juice, but bolder. It says "semi-sweet" on the bottle, but it's fairly sweet, almost but not quite like a dessert wine. I'm told it also has health benefits.
-----------------------
I'm back in Ottawa now. It was nice to see my folks, but it's good to be back. I did far too much travelling this break (Ottawa-Toronto, TO-Montreal, Montreal-TO, TO-Ottawa in 2 weeks, all by bus). I also found out a few days ago that, because I missed the first class on Thursday, my seminar dates were chosen for me by the prof. Looks like I have about a week and a half to prepare a seminar (not a mere presentation) on books III-VI of Wordsworth's Prelude. Not sure how the class will turn out: it has the potential to be the worst or best class I've ever taken. I will let ye know.
Tomorrow is the first class of what will probably be my favourite, "Restoration and its Discontents," with Nicholas Von Maltzahn, a respected scholar in the field and generally cool guy.
Well, I'm off to do some grocery shopping (man can only live off banana peels for so long), and get cracking on that seminar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home