The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Take a look at this

Dear Readers,

I direct your attention to a somewhat amusing yet irritating "discussion" that has been going on concerning one of the posts. Apparently, I've been accused of "anti-muslim rhetoric" and "insulting uhammad." Take a look at my post and see if that makes any sense. Funny thing is, I was talking about how the Pope's comments were taken out of context and misinterpreted by corrupt imams, and that's pretty much what's happening now. It is a demonstration of that principle in action.
Please read my post and tell me where on earth I am guilty of either offense.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

Merely delete & ignore, lad. Delete and ignore.

Welcome to the Culture of Injurement.

1:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure I'd call it a discussion, exactly...

Btw, I wonder how many people actually read the Pope's lecture?

It's on my blog, somewhere back a bit. Only took me six hours to translate.

But it's genuinely interesting, and possibly important. Nothing to do with Islam; everything to do with the actual topic, faith and reason.

7:24 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

Yes RK, I read (most of) the Pope's speech; some heavy stuff, and I was astonished at how egregiously misinterpreted it was.
I think these miscreants need to go back to school to learn how to read. As is usually the case, none of them ever read the pope's speech or saw the depictions of Muhammad in the Danish papers some months ago (among other things). It's gotten to the point where one is pre-emptively charged with racist remarks as soon as he utters "Islam" or "Muhammad," etc. It's ridiculous.
Thanks for translating that for us, by the way.

9:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Arby,

Listen to the sagacious Dr. J...erase those messages. They are not worth reading nor responding 2.

Cheers,

John

11:22 p.m.  
Blogger tedt said...

dude,

you should start trying to decipher rules people use to come to illogical arguments. (i don't mean to be pejorative when using the term illogical.)

obviously, people from other cultures use a different set of rules (or conventions) in coming to conclusions. this may not make sense looking at it from an external point of view, but it is sound reasoning from an internal point of view.

thus, you deciphering some rules of "logic" for other cultures can be the first "logic-rule" translator of its kind, and could eventually bridge the gap between differently-situated people in terms of educational background.

you could even win an emmy ;)

12:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you disgrace moslem

it corruption from western thought

1:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do islamic female martyrs get 70 virgins as well?

6:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home