The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Culinary Update

I made my first real meal here in Ottawa tonight: an attempt at stir fry noodles with pork and egg. It wasn't bad, and I'm still here, so it wasn't toxic. I love Oriental food (i.e., far eastern, not Middle Eastern).
I've been reading lots of Deconstruction texts during the past couple of days. Don't ask me why: I'm not even taking a course on it; as much as it confuses me, I still must read it.
This week, I must make a short presentation of Menippean Satire and/vs Formal Verse Satire. I'm having a lot more trouble with the former than I thought: Frye seems to say some strange things about it, and it is a "genre" that is rarely discusses and very obscure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with your presentation!

5:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home