The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Here we go again

Yet another Muslim uproar over absolutely nothing. As this issue has probably been discussed ad nauseam, I will be brief and point out the ridiculousness of the situation

1) It goes without saying that the Pope's speech was egregiously misinterpreted. Why? Because

2) we have crooked and corrupt Muslim leaders (whom I blame for all the current problems re: Islam) rile up their congregations, who are for the most part illiterate and simply don't know any better, by saying "look at what this guy said about us." I mean, when you have Imams in Europe (not Saudi Arabia) offering million dollar rewards for the murder of cartoonists in the year 2005, eyebrows must be raised.

3) It is a case again of the uninformed Islamic (as opposed to enlightened Islamic) double standard: "you can't do xbut we can." Case in point: the Pope can't even mention in passing what someone happened to say about Islam 600 years ago (which wasn't the point of his speech anyway), but this doesn't prevent Islamic leaders from preaching hatred towards Jews, etc.

4) Finally, as my cousin from Britain mentioned: if only those same people who get riled up over nothing would got just as incensed when there is a terrorist bombing, but of course they don't.

5) As a side note, I found it funny that Iraqi muslims (Shia and Sunni) were burning German flags a few days ago: apparently they took time off from killing each other to do this.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1715231/posts

what do u think of europeans making fun of Prophet Muhammad.

Prophet Muhammad is national hero, and picture should not be depicted in bad way.

I think you should apologize for your anti_Muslim rhetoric. You are unfair and biased.

2:23 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

hahaha, that's lovely.

This is exactly what I'm talking about: I didn't say anything anti-muslim. I'm talking about the minority that make most Muslims look bad by preaching hatred and ignorance. If anything, I'm on your side.
By the way, I never once referred to Muhammad or his depictions. You got me confused with someone else. "Read more carefully next time" is the message I'm trying to preach.

7:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you twist word too much

your message is corrupted

7:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, that makes even less sense...

8:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you make negative sense

7:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do make negative sense

3:19 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

I'm tempted to institute a new policy on this blog of deleting any comment that makes no sense...

6:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have no guts, making fun of Prophet Muhammad behind the backs of Muslims

9:49 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

What the f$^k are you talking about? Please show me where I did it! Make some sense for the love of f@&k!

12:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Qu'ran will show you peace. It is obvious you love f@&k, and that you attack Prophet Muhammad because your heart is corrupted.

7:02 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

Sure buddy. I suggest you go to school and learn to read again, because clearly you can't.

8:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home