The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Update from Ottawa, vol. II

I had my first TAship session last night for that Technical Writing class. Turns out I'm only going to be marking assignments, which is fine by me. The prof. does all the teaching, and I get a stack of material that is fairly easy to grade: no essays, but mere 1 pg. reports and things like that. The prof also seems like a really cool guy: good humoured and affable. I told him he reminds me of Michael McDonald from MaDTV: you be the judge. At the end of class, perhaps in retaliation, he said I looked like Matt Lauer. No one else has ever made the comparison, but he's not far off (this is the best picture i could find, and of course, he meant with the shaved head).

My friend downstairs just brought an envelope from U Ottawa: it looks like a cheque/deposit slip. Can't wait to see what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home