The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Reading Letters of Recommendation

What the hell is this?
As I am in a state easily excitable and with shattered nerves, I took it upon myself to see what I could learn about letter of recommendation (LOR) "inflation." Apparently, such a phenomenon exists, much like grade inflation. Here's one website I found which was funny: it reminds me of a piece on PhDcomics.com. As for this one, I'm not sure whether it is meant to be taken seriously or jocosely. In any case enjoy.

For the record, it has been said of me that "his student is always willing to engage in vigorous debate." Not exactly in those words, of course. I guess I can be obnoxious :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home