The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Merry Christmas (to me)


I really mean that.
Today, January 6 (or the eve of the 5th) marks Armenian Christmas. Armenia was the first officially Christian nation in the world, and they have always celebrated Christmas on this day. From what I know, so did the other Christian cultures, but Rome moved it to December 25 to override a popular pagan festival (I could be wrong, but that's what I've read).
So after a big feast and some less than usual wine (pomegranite wine, not strong but sweet), I'm feeling it. If you are interested, read this brief piece on the history of the holiday, though I'm sure you could probably find something more in-depth elsewhere.

Dear readers, please accept my very best for the year to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

Merry belated.

Good luck with all your applications.

1:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home