The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Monday, December 05, 2005

Grade Point Average??

I'm still in the process of applying to my "beloved" schools. I'm sending out my application for U Penn tomorrow and University of Toronto on thursday (competition for both are fierce to say the least; my fate's in the hands of the gods now). I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with GPA converstion. York University, my alma mater (I think that's what it is: we don't use American terminology up here) uses a 9 point scale. Thus an 8/9 is an A, a 7/9 is a B+, a 6 is a B, and a 9 is an A+. I think my MA GPA on the 4 point scale is 3.8, but I'm not a hundred percent sure. Here is a list of my grades: Many thanks for any help!

2 A+'s, both in half year courses
an A in a full year course
A in a half year course
2 A-'s, both in half year courses
a B+ in a half year course

1 Comments:

Blogger Pious Labours said...

Haha, oh Doug, what would I do without you.
I tried searching around, but I'm not sure if I got it (a lot of US schools talk about "credit hours." Not only do I not know what those are, but it differs from school to school.
I sent my first application today to U Penn. Fingers crossed.

12:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home