The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Flight of the Navigator


Now for a serious trip down memory lane:


Yesterday I watched an obscure Disney movie from the 80s called Flight of the Navigator. Few people seem to remember this movie, but I remember seeing it a few times as a very young lad; the last time I saw it must have been well over ten years ago. This time I saw it as an adult and in its entirety, and it's actually a very interesting movie. If you are interested, you can watch it on www.alluc.org. Go to movies and click on "F" at the top and you'll find it. I remember watching Back to the Future about four years ago as an adult and finally understanding it: as a child, I thought parts of the movies (as well as those of others) were "cool," but never really payed much attention to the plot. It's an interesting exercise, much like reading a book now that I first read in high school or first year of university.

It also reminds me that the 1980s was an optimistic decade: sometimes after 1990, everything and everyone got pessimistic. Whether this is a good or bad thing remains to be seen.

My goodness, I'm starting to feel old: I'm talking about a movie that was made twenty years ago!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

My goodness, I'm starting to feel old: I'm talking about a movie that was made twenty years ago!

Only twenty, Grasshopper? Wait, just wait. Sooner or later, you'll be able to tell people about how you actually had to read Books. After all, did you ever have to use a typewriter? ;-)

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger hydiapearl.com said...

hehe, some film only by being watched after 20 years can really reveals its value!!

Just like jewerly, the older, the nicer.

hydiapearl.com

5:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home