The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Mirror Stage

I've never posted a picture of myself (in case you didn't know, the 18th century picture of the fat guy ain't me), and for those of you who are masochistic, I present one at long last. I realized that I'm not important enough to remain anonymous. (I do not accept any responsibility for the consequences of the viewing of the said item. I have hereby absolved myself of any guilt, real or imagined.)

Being a luddite and not possessing a "digital camera", my friend (in the picture) sent this to me, which was taken about a month ago.

I'm the one on the left (the shorter one). For the record, I look far more sinister and important than I really am, almost like a man possessing an artsy/fancy station in life such as a movie producer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

Beardless!!!

Agh-- ghh--ghhh---- plop...

(sound of the other Dr J, the not-so fat one, falling to earth with a painful heart attack)

;-)

1:58 a.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

haha, yeah, but you saw me sporting my new look in February. are you still a member of the guild of bearded brothers?
Thing is, if I really want the 18th century look, I have to shave :) Kinda look silly to wear a powdered wig and have a beard.
Gotta go watch Germany vs. Sweden. Prediction? Germany winning 2:1 or 3:1.

11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Rick said...

Nice pic.
(=

9:59 p.m.  
Blogger Lapa said...

TOP PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE UNIVERSAL WRITER: CRISTOVAO DE AGUIAR

(PASSANGER IN TRANSIT)

BOOKS:

“PASSAGEIRO EM TRÂNSITO” ; “RAIZ COMOVIDA”; “RELAÇÃO DE
BORDO”; “MARILHA”; “A TABUADA DO TEMPO”; BRAÇO TATUADO”; “MIGUEL TORGA O LAVRADOR DAS LETRAS”

He has, also, translated into Portuguese the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith.

He has been awarded several prizes.

Don't forget the name of this great author, you'll be hearing of him soon.


Please, add blog to your favourites,


Thanks for visiting.
VALE A PENA OBRIGADO ANGOLA

3:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home