The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Friday, June 23, 2006

Whirld kup upd eight

Against my better judgment, my friend and I played another World Cup ticket (2 bucks each, so no big loss), and again, out of four games, we lost only because of one (Italy beat the Czechs; we thought they'd tie). We predicted the Brazilian and Ghanaian victories as well as an Australian/Croatian tie.

I must say that Spain has been impressive; I've never seen them play so convincingly. Could this be their year? Probably not. England is good but not great, and Brazil is shaky. The only team that has taken my breath away is Argentina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home