The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I Hate Snow!

That's right.

I know most people out there dislike the cold but don't mind (or even like) snow. I, however, am the complete opposite: I prefer cold (within reason) to god awful annoying snow. Here's why:

-Cold doesn't prevent you from doing much apart from having picnics. Snow, on the other hand, ruins everything. When you wake up in the morning, you rarely say "oh gee, it's -20 outside; it's gonna be a bad day." Rather, you probably think "oh great, 15 cm of snow."

-Cold simply doesn't get in the way. On other hand, snow causes accidents, slows everything down, needs to be cleared, and ruins one's mood (especially mine).

You may be asking, "hey assclown: if you hate snow so much, why don't you move somehwere warmer?"
First, I am in no position to move financially, economically, spiritually, mentally, or physically. Second, despite what I have said above, I actually need cold. I absolutely hate snow, but I need to live in a part of the world that gets cold sometimes. It is for this reason that I could not live in, say, LA (oh yeah, that and also the crass consumerism, pollution, and crime). Unfortunately for me, a jesting God has placed cold and snow together.

I must qualify my rant above: I don't absolutely hate snow. I kinda like it when there is some snow off to the side. When it's out of the way and within reason, it can be nice, but under no other circumstances.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey arbilius!

if like blogging, check out this awesome web browser, it makes blogging even easier so you can keep all your fans satiated yay!

http://www.flock.com/

9:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home