The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Comic Genius

This may be a little late, but Tourette's Guy has made my semester pass by far more easily so far. There are many videos, especially compilations, online on Youtube.

For the benefit of the discriminating reader, I have handpicked what are, in my estimation, the best clips. For best results, I recommend watching them in the order in which I have set them. Note: NSFW due to coarse language





This one is my personal favourite, which is best viewed after some familiarity with Tourette's Guy. It starts about 30 seconds in.



Note: I know not everyone will find this funny. Though I am a purist in many respects, I do admire creative cursing, especialy when it is indicative of great energy.

If you find yourself hankering for some more Tourette's Guy, search for him on Youtube. As far as I know, the main site (www.tourettesguy.com) has been shut down because the main actor died about eight months ago. As far as I know, he either didn't really have Tourette's, or he did but was exaggerating the symptoms since the uncontrollable swearing is in fact rare.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Reverand X. You can't appreciate it the first couple of times you watch it. Coincidentally, you introduced the world to both of these.

On a brighter note (i use the term loosely), Pakistan tried to blog youtube because of anti-islamic videos. Just wondering where these bozos were when David Perl's execution was being aired over the internet, or those other beheadings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080226/ap_on_hi_te/youtube_outage_pakistan

IDENTITY SEALED BECAUSE AVOIDING POTENTIAL FATWAH

10:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home