The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sad, funny, yet true

I just got back from a "training session" at U Ottawa which dealt with being a TA, and the philosophical foundations thereof (or something like that). Wasn't bad at all, and I'm going back at 3 o'clock (one of the many advantages of living 5 minutes away). Funny thing is I don't know what kind of assistantship I'm going to get: I could be a library gopher.

On a somewhat related note, I thought this comic was delightful because it is humorous yet rings true, especially for me (or someone at my stage of the game).

3 Comments:

Blogger Zelda said...

hopefully your assistantship isn't too much work and you can just focus and enjoy your first year. a TA would be good.

6:07 p.m.  
Blogger Dr J said...

Or maybe not (he says, rolling his eyes cynically).

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

He's Alive!!! :)

9:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home