The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Friday, July 28, 2006

Mack the knife and other matters

-I went under the knife yesterday for some very minor surgery. I'd rather not say what it was, but it went well and the doctor was able to close up the wound (usually they can't, and it's a pain in the ass, metaphorically and literally). I gotta get my hands on that IV anaesthetic; it knocked me out in about 5 seconds!

-I am nearly finished reading my very first D.H. Lawrence novel (Lady Chatterey's Lover). I'm not crazy about it, but he's an author I neglected for far too long. Interestingly, I think if Dr. J were an author, he'd look just like him. (except he's more emaciated and older).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home