The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Final Countdown

Well, here we are on a cool August 26. Everyone I know is busy with something. As for me, I leave for the nation's capital in less than 48 hours (I will leave at 10 or 11 am on Monday morning, expecting to arrive in Ottawa around 2-3 pm). Packing my books is proving cumbersome as I have had to choose carefully since Greyhound buses has a weight limit on luggage. I almost forgot to pack my clothes and other essentials, so I must go now and do that.
In case anyone is wondering, I'm really looking forward to my move. I've lived in Toronto too long and I need the change (Ottawa is really nice, by the way).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Arby,

On behalf of all who read this blog, we wish you well in your studies and we all love ya!

John

3:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arby,

best of luck! ottawa is great! will you have a computer in your new place - or just use the ones on campus? i look forward to hearing about your phd life ... keep blogging!

6:46 a.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

Thanks guys.

I will be taking a laptop with me (an IBM think pad that weighs far more than it should, and has a battery life of about 6 seconds), and I'm told my domicile already has net, so I must somehow hook it up. I will definitely keep checking email and blogging.

1:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home