The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Dennis Miller Ratio

A few days ago I was awakened by the cacophonous alarm clock, and in my haste to cease its sound, I tripped over one of my many books. Of all possible books, I nearly injured myself tripping over Tristram Shandy, perhaps the most digressive, non-sensical and funny worksin the language. I don't think there could be a more fitting book to trip over.

(The Dennis Miller Ratio is when one person in a million deems a joke funny; this is one of them).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are you off to ottawa?

5:53 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

I think I'll be moving on August 28. I definitely have to be there for the 30th.
Looks like I'm gonna do it like Midnight Cowboy and bus it there. Luckily I don't have to move too much stuff (books and clothes, mainly).

7:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home