The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ottawa...Phew

After the shock I received yesterday, I received an email that is serving as a balm: I've been accepted to the University of Ottawa! It's not my top choice, but given everything that's happened, I'll take it. Of course, I'm still waiting in U Virginia, so I'm not jumping up and down, but I can at least breathe a little easier.
Their funding usually isn't great, but I've been offered an admissions scholarship and am approved for an assistantship. The chair wants to talk to me.
Could it be Ottawa has the most perspicuous committee? There's hope after all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - i left a comment - where is it? i said "wheeeeeeeeee!"

:)

5:14 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

"wheeee" is an objectionable word for some reason :)
Thanks for stickin with me: it may not be the most prestigious program on the planet, but at this point I'll take just about anything. The director's gonna call be to "chat about the scholarship." Who knows, they may offer me more money than UofT usually does...

8:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home