The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Monday, March 06, 2006

Grad School

Well, the Grad School gods convened and rendered their verdict: I ain't going to Queen's University (Kingston, Ontario).
To be honest (and it's not sour grapes), Queen's was not my first choice, but I wouldn't mind going there. Funny thing is I kinda knew this would happen, and it's even funnier that their deadline was February 1, whereas schools with much earlier deadlines (Dec. 15, Jan. 2) haven't gotten back to me yet.
I'm only disappointed because I thought I had a very strong, nearly water-tight application. This is the THIRD time I've been rejected by Queen's (I applied for my MA there 2 years ago and the PhD last year). I'm at my wits' end trying to figure it out, but there's just something about me Queen's doesn't like, or maybe I'm lacking a certain X factor (again, what that factor is, if it isn't great grades/scores, great letters, potentially publishable writing sample and very strong statement of purpose, I don't know what it is).
Here's hopin' I get in, hopefully somewhere better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry, queens is retarded. the way they treat students is like a girl stating she is gonna be your boyfriend if she responds to your email; total nonsense!

8:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home