The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Thursday, March 09, 2006

What the...?

I live in a very peaceful and boring neighbourhood, but that all changed yesterday. I'm sure some of you living in and around Toronto saw the news of a 17 year old getting shot near a school in a park. The park is right in front of my house, and I was sitting at home when I heard what I thought were firecrackers, but after the 4th or 5th "pop", I was convinced I was hearing gunshots. I looked outside and saw an indistinct mass about 100 metres away, and when ran outside I saw a couple of people tending to the young man until the police/ambulance arrived (very quickly, I might add). Because I sorta was a witness, I went to the station, but man they make you wait! five or six of us were locked in a room for what must have been close to four hours. Fortunately they gave us a slice of pizza, so we didn't have resort to cannibalism. Finally when the detective came, he told us that it was a long night so he was going to let us go and call us back, to which I replied that I knew very little so it was best to get rid of me quickly. When I told him my address, he told me the police found two shell-casings on my front walk, which I was at a loss to explain.
Fortunately there were a couple of witnesses who saw quite a bit. Last I heard one suspect was apprehended and the victim is in stable condition. Weird stuff. I had never heard gunshots in real life! Guess there's a first time for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home