The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Night at the Movies

After not having seen a film in a few weeks, I finally sat down to watch one tonight: Smart People.

The film was not so bad as it was disappointing. Instead of giving a review, however, I will merely pose the following question:

Am I the only one who finds pseudo-independent films portraying depressed, pseudo-witty white people not a little passe and boring?

Speaking of films, I haven't seen Dark Night yet as I'm waiting for the dust to settle before seeing it. From what I've seen and heard, it's one of the best movies in years. Can't wait, especially since the offerings from the film industry this year have been fairly poor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home