The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Finally

It's been a busy week, so here's what happened:

-I wrote my final, major comprehensive exam (18th century). I thought I did well but was nevertheless nervous about the results. Turns out I did very well on the written and destroyed the oral, so needless to say, I was pleased as punch about that. Now I'm officially ABD (All But Dissertation). I still need to keep reminding myself that I don't have any pressing reading, etc. Anyone who has done comps (at least in an English department) knows how brutal the process is.

-I finally moved into my new place. Call me picky, but I'm thrilled that I'm out of cracktown. My new place is also ten times better in every conceiveable way: it's bigger, quieter, nicer, etc, etc. It really would take me about 200 pages to explain everything.

I'm probably going to go into caveman mode for the next week to reboot my system.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

Congratulations, lad! Now comes the hard part.... :-)

12:35 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

I'm told that it gets easier from here, so don't burst my bubble!! :)

12:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home