The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Friday, April 11, 2008

Extras Extras


Some of you have probably already heard of the television show Extras, which I only started watching last week (online, of course). The main actor is Ricky Gervais, whom most of you will recognize from the UK version of The Office.

After a couple of episodes, I've really gotten into it. The closest analogue I can think of to this show is another favourite of mine, Curb Your Enthusiasm. I find that Extras is like the latter, except it is more British (read: dry) and less Jewish. Also, I find the awkward or uncomfortable moments in Extras are even more acute than in Curb. The latter's tone is usually fairly light, which probably diffuses much of the awkardness, whereas I've caught myself literally wincing or covering my eyes during some moments of Extras.

www.alluc.org has links to the episodes. Check it out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree. I've dug up all the episodes and loved them (especially the Stewart, Radcliffe,and Mckellen eps.) but there are definitely some moments so uncomfortable that they're excruciating.

Jamie

10:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, where were you last night?


Looking forward to tomorrow's clash between Arsenal and Man Utd.

Armando Santiago Cabrera

11:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home