The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Good News, vol. I

This is the first of what I hope will be many volumes.

I just found out today, three months after applying, that I've been accepted to a prestigious Adam Smith conference, which is to be held in January 2009 at Oxford. This was the first bit of good news I had received in a while, so I really needed this. Normally, getting into a conference isn't all that impressive, but this is a very prestigious and competitive one, so I'm absolutely thrilled. There's also a chance that my paper will be included in a publication following the conference. Of course, I have more pressing concerns for the moment (comps, etc), so I will not even begin on this until summer 2008. Here's hoping that this is a good sign for better things to come in 2008.

If you are at all interested, click here for the CFP (call for paper).

1 Comments:

Blogger tedt said...

That is a big achievement. You deserve it.

9:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home