The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Monday, October 29, 2007

Coincidence?

For years I've had an inside joke with some friends about Harrison Ford, namely, that everyone of his movies from the past fifteen or so years is the same. In every such movie, his family is invariably kidnapped, resulting in a predictable climax of "Gimme back my family" or similar phrase. Turns out someone from the Family Guy staff has been spying on me because on last night's episode, they had a brief joke to that same end. My talents are wasted here !

(BTW, I ask John to corroborate my story).

Now for some good news: I managed to buy a used Lazy Boy recliner for 40 bucks. It will serve as my much needed thinking and especially reading chair (it helps to have a good reading chair when one spends the majority of the day doing little else).

2 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

The lazy boy is a victory - I am envious.

12:26 a.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

Seriously, my life has improved doubly since I got it last night, and I'm not materialistic at all! I didn't realize just how good a deal I got until I ascertained that these chairs go for 400 bucks USD new.

11:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home