The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Monday, October 22, 2007

Fat Cats Strike Again

After noticing that www.tv-links.co.uk was down for several days, I just found out that the site was shut down and the creator arrested. I'm not sure how this was done since the man did nothing wrong legally, and no precedent yet exists to facilitate the prosecution of such people. Since when was linking to content a crime?

Technically, other sites, including Google, are guilty of this, but I suppose this poor man was an easy target.

I'm pissed right now! Alluc.org, the site that started it all, is nowhere near as good as tvlinks was.

On the plus side, I recently found a database, as it were, of online streaming sites. All you do is type in the name of the show or video, and the site will direct you to other sites that link to the content of other sites. Sounds confusing, but it really isn't.

2 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

Agreed its a blow. On the plus side I don't think the dark side will win.

12:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I really can't see how they can prosecute this guy.

Worst case scenario: if the site remains shut down, many others will pop up (did these guys learn nothing from the Napster fiasco?)

PL

11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home