The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

useless post about my life

Well, it's that day of the year that Dr. J is famous for disliking. No, it isn't christmas or anything like that. Let's just say it has something to do with the passage of time and feeling it.

The good news is I'm slowly getting back into the groove of things, but it seems as if the comp lists never ends.

After picking up the habit again for a few months, I've now been smoke free for two weeks. I passed the test on saturday when I was at a party surrounded by smokers on the balcony and didn't give in. I can exercise good will power when I want to, just as I can be efficient when I want to, but that seldom happens.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

Ya do 18c (19c) you get what you deserve. ;-) There isn't enough money in the world to make me read Clarissa on a deadline-- much less remember it.

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger Dr J said...

Er, that should have read "(or 19c)"

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

Yes, Sep. 12 was officially my, ugh, bday. I think once one hits 25 bdays start to suck.

So far I'm only doing the theory comp and it's not ending. I liked Said's "Orientalism", even though there's much I disagree with, but I found his "Culture and Imperialism" a real bore. It's not dense or jargon laden, just boring.

Incidentally, I bought the unabridge Clarissa used recently. I aint gonna read it anytime soon (I have the abridged one for that), but it's something I should have.

9:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy b-day arby

John

7:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

Jamie

6:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home