The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sweet Home Alaba...uh, Toronto

Well, I'm off tomorrow morning to visit the city of my birth (Toronto, that is). I'll be staying for about a week, so I probably wont write anything new until at least September 6th when I return.

I'm especially looking forward to this trip because I will get to see 9 month old nephew whom I've never seen before except in photographs.

Man, going back to my suburb in Toronto is like going to the cottage: compared to where I live now, it's so quiet and peaceful. Best of all, there are no transients or crackheads wandering the streets.

I hope to return refreshed and ready to hit the books (and I mean HIT the books.) If I feel like it, I may reproduce my typed reading list to give you an idea of what I'm up against.

Best wishes until next week,
PL

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but, i bet you dont get hassled by the police as much in ottawa as you did in toronto. the burger in the parking lot remains a classic PL story

8:49 a.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

Yes, Ted, you're absolutely right. Then again, i'm not a motorist in Ottawa, so that right away keeps the cops off my back.

9:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home