The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Mark your calendars - April 17

On April 17th at 8 or 10 pm EST, PBS will be showing Andrew Goldberg's new documentary, "The Armenian Genocide," which has been the subject of some controversy these past few months. I saw the documentary last night on TVO (Ontario public television), and, though I didn't learn anything I don't already know, it was well done and unbiased (obviously it acknowledges that the Genocide occurred, but it also shows the "other side," for whatever it's worth). I urge all intelligent readers out there to watch this program, which is only one hour, but a very solid one.
Unbeknownst to me, the likes of Natalie Portman, Ed Harris and Orlando Bloom share narrating duties.

It is appropriate that the program is being shown on the 17th since the 24th is the day of commemoration (April 24, 1915).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home