The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Friday, September 23, 2005

Non sum quod eram, and party mix

After three years of it sitting on my face, I officially removed my beard. It will take some habituation. Most people, men and women, were telling me for ages to get rid of it. Too bad I don't have a pic to post.
So now instead of the grizzled crazy hermit I now resemble that retarded kid down the street with whom kids play hockey :)

Another change I have introduced: I have not smoked in four days. So far so good. I was hoping to quit sometime this fall anyway.

Also, I am looking for an online copy of C.S. Lewis' Preface to Paradise Lost. Is it not public domain yet?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you had a beard? i don't remember that.

10:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe not a beard, but a very significant goatee.

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger Dr J said...

Zelda can tell if you have a voice like Jeremy Piven's but can't tell if you had a beard? As an ex of mine used to say, "Me confuzzed...."

8:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, good point J. I'm confuzzed as well. I thought my beard/goatee was quite pronounced. I'm still having trouble adjusting to it.

8:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe. can't explain it.

1:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home