The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Aujourd'hui c'est mon fete de naissance

Haig the Patriarch of the Armenians

Pardonnez mon francais, mais c'est le fete de mon naissance ce weekend (to be exact, it is the 12th of September, on which I turn the big 24). I feel old, but I'm sure Dr. j will be shaking his head and wishing he could beat me over the head. One quote that comes to mind: non sum quod eram: I'm not what I was.
At least I'm drunk now for a few hours :) Not overly so; Aristotle would be proud :)

BTW, the picture is not of a male Artemis: it is of Haig, the Armenian patriarch, from whom I must claim descent (anyone that can wield a bow and arrow like that is fine by me). According to legend, he slew Baal (or Bel). I wanted to be mythical but culturally accurate at the same time. Armenians call themselves "Hai", and their ancestral country "Hayastan", which means roughly "land of Haigs".

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

Happy birthday, says I, shaking his head and smacking a mallet into his palm....

2:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated b-day!!!

8:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home