The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Vita Brevis

My extremely erudite friend at Laudator Temporis Acti has a neat, very short yet pithy post on one of Emerson's poems. Check it out. Just one of the advantages of knowing the classical languages. Unfortuantely, my generation (and all subsequent ones) do not learn latin let alone Greek in high school anymore, though I'm told even in Toronto, both were requisites for graduating high school. I've only begun learning Latin; I only wish I was forced to learn it earlier. Sigh!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are the posts about bagels and existential angst?

2:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, nothing today zelda. I think I've gotten around that existential angst by consulting religion and philosophy (which is I think kinda what Kierkegaard suggested, the former anyway). Bagels? Maybe. I think I could rant on the price of beer or something.
By the way what's the name of that actor you said I sounded like?

11:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's on my blog - i posted about it the day after Dr. J's birthday - Jeremy Priven. do you agree???

12:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home