The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Taco Hell

The following image is from this morning's Holy Taco. The poll in the right hand side had me rolling in the aisles:



FYI, both are flattering pictures of their respective subjects. I've seen Coulter resemble a mummy at times.

But seriously, it's a tough one. Coulter probably has an age advantage, so lookswise, she's slightly better off. However, for personality, etc, one has to favour Ms. Huffington. I saw her recently on the Bill Maher show, and she seems like a lovely person. Given her age, she ain't bad lookin neither!

My one hesitation with Coulter is that I think she's a total idiot. Once in a blue moon, when the planets are in alignment, I actually agree with something she says, but otherwise, I honestly think she does not hear 99% of what she says. I may actually find interviews with her and use them in my upcoming essay writing class as exemplars of logical fallacies.

Conclusion: who would I rather "be with"? I would have to say Huffington.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

huffington

12:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try and find an interview with her on BBC (i think it dates a couple years back)
unlike fox or cnn where shows are scripted and god forbid anyone "offends" anybody, the brits are usually very confortable with calling pple out on their BS
it is a must see, she literally almost cries, il la fait vraiment passer pour une pauvre conne!

2:00 p.m.  
Blogger Pious Labours said...

I'll look for the BBC one. One has to admire the directness of the Brits.

I saw an interview with her on CBC a couple of years back, and though the interviewer was quite polite, he made her look like an idiot (which, granted, is fairly easy to do).

2:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huffington

4:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home