The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Euro / Firefox at last

I had a feeling Russia might pull off the upset yesterday, but I had no idea it would be such a convincing victory. I kinda like Holland, and didn't want to see either team lose, but such is the nature of the beast.

As my friend so astutely said, "The loud crack at 5 pm yesterday was the sound of people jumping off the Holland bandwagon." Well said.

Not only has Spain made the same mistakes as Holland, Portugal and Croatia (i.e., they flew past the round robin, were never tested, and rested their players), they are perhaps the worst chokers in the sport when games actually mean something. The teams that win are always the ones who start slowly, and Italy are notoriously slow starters. Today's result? 1-0 or 2-1 Italy.

-----------------------

Firefox 3 was finally released a few days ago (I'm writing this post with it, in fact). Not sure if it's substantially better, but it's free and still beats the pants off Internet Explorer.
No, I do not work for Firefox: it's just a better browser, plain and simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home