The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Euro/Too Hard to Spell?

Sorry, both of you, for the lack of posts: since I returned from Scarberia I've been busy catching up on the Euro tournament.

At this point, I'm not going to make any further predictions: it's just too damn unpredictable, which is partly what makes it interesting. I will only modify my earlier predictions thus:

Germany will make it to the quarterfinals because they're group is incredibly weak. However, if they face a decent team, like Portugal, they will get smashed.

Spain is looking on form, but they are notoriously fast starters who never finish (ignore the innuendo of that sentence).

At this point, I'm tempted to say Holland or Portugal will take the whole thing, but who knows?

--------------------------
This video is a classic case of res ipsa loquitur. Key quote: "Do they even make hardcore dictionaries anymore?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home