The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Soccer Update

I watched the Champions League final, the most prestigious tournament in Europe, today with a couple of friends who actually watch soccer (more on that later). One of my friends was understandably heartbroken by Chelsea's loss in the penalty shoot out.

In case I haven't said so before, the penalty shoot out is bullocks!

Man U played well, but the last 60 minutes or so were definitely Chelsea's.

To all you wannabe Manchester United "fans" out there: bugger off! You never even watch soccer, much less know it, so don't support a team you never f@#% watch!! Man, that pisses me right off.
Of course, it's easy to hop on the bandwagon of the winning team. Every four years, I see people who know nothing about soccer suddenly becoming "experts" on the subject, and they invariably "follow" one of the two bandwagon teams: Brazil or England.

My friend J.C. (not Jesus Christ) devised a simple test to determine which one of your peers is a bandwagon hopper, and its genius is in its simplicity: simply ask the suspected bandwagon hopper to name 3-4 players (aside from Beckham, who isn't a real player anyway) on the team they ostensibly support. 99% of the time, they will be speechless. I hate these f@#% people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home