The Literary Salon

A free salon wherein patrons and passers-by may view or contribute ideas on literary and generally intellectual matters. The blog will strive to maintain its commitment to wit, humour and perspicuous analysis.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, now Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Monday, June 18, 2007

Herr Smith was right?

As some of you know, my thesis will (provisionally) centre on Adam Smith. For an unrelated paper I'm writing at this moment, I'm reading his Theory of Moral Sentiments, which was what made him famous in the 18th century (Wealth of Nations did not do so until much later).

I came across this interesting fragment of an article which suggests that neuroscience may have proved Smith right: http://www.reason.com/blog/show/120422.html.

Interesting stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home